Reviewing Harbor Freight Part #63585
Do-it-Yourself Solar Panel Kit
If you are camping or looking for ways to use renewable energy, there are quite a few options out there actually.
One of the best deals that caught our eye this week is Harbor Freight’s 100 Watt Solar Panel Kit by Thunderbolt Magnum Solar.
The item normally retails at $189.99 according to their ad however today I got a flier in the mail saying it’s on sale for $146.42. It promises 2x more power than? Well i’m not sure what. Perhaps their previous model? The item number if you’re interested is 63585. Here is one review.
What’s our final take on Harbor Freight 100W Solar Panel Kit?
If you’re looking at getting started you really can’t beat this price. More experienced users might be able to piece together a cheaper setup, however for the beginner solar energy fanatic, this kit isn’t a bad idea.
This isn’t your only option of course, there are some DIY Solar Panel Kits out there that might be worth checking out.
- Includes 100W Solar Panel + 30A PWM Negative ground Charge Controller + MC4 Connectors +8Ft 10AWG Tray Cable+ Mounting Z Brackets for RV, Boat
- Monocrystalline solar cell efficiency: 21%；The Charge controller has been upgraded to Renogy new 30A PWM negative ground charge controller The Renogy wanderer
- With the Renogy wanderer 30A PWM charge Controller, you can expand your system up to a maximum of 400W
- Ideal output: 500Wh per day; can fully charge a 50Ah Battery from 50% in 3 hours (depending on the availability of sunlight)
- Negative Grounding controller with battery reversed, overloading, short-circuit and over charging/discharging protection ensures the broader off grid applications and safety. Especially can be used on a vehicle which has battery negative on the chassis. Optimum Operating Current (Imp): 5. 29A
- TECHNOLOGY - Advanced encapsulation material with multi-layered sheet minimizations enhance cell performance and provide a longer service life. Corrosion-resistant aluminum frame allows extended outdoor use; the panels can last for decades, anti-reflective, high transparency, low iron-tempered glass. No hot-spot heating .
- Usages - high in power but compact in size, this 100-watt Solar panel is a favorite for RVs, boats, campers and similar applications, providing clean energy and excellent efficiency per space.
- Installation - pre-drilled holes on the back of the panel allow for fast mounting and securing. Pre-drilled holes included for grounding. Compatible with different Renogy mounting systems such as z-brackets, pole mounts and tilt mounts.
- Dimensions - each panel weighs 16. 5lbs. length 47. 0" X width 21. 3" X Height 1. 4”. IP67 Rated waterproof MC4 connectors
- 25-year transferable power output ; 5-year material and workmanship