Reviewing Harbor Freight Part #63585
Do-it-Yourself Solar Panel Kit
If you are camping or looking for ways to use renewable energy, there are quite a few options out there actually.
One of the best deals that caught our eye this week is Harbor Freight’s 100 Watt Solar Panel Kit by Thunderbolt Magnum Solar.
The item normally retails at $189.99 according to their ad however today I got a flier in the mail saying it’s on sale for $146.42. It promises 2x more power than? Well i’m not sure what. Perhaps their previous model? The item number if you’re interested is 63585. Here is one review.
What’s our final take on Harbor Freight 100W Solar Panel Kit?
If you’re looking at getting started you really can’t beat this price. More experienced users might be able to piece together a cheaper setup, however for the beginner solar energy fanatic, this kit isn’t a bad idea.
This isn’t your only option of course, there are some DIY Solar Panel Kits out there that might be worth checking out.
- Easy to use, cool to look at, and sophisticated to use with your RVs, boats, and other outdoor equipements.
- Comes with PWM 30A charge controller and our unique designed Z brackets so you can charge your battery at ease and mount your panel stable.
- You also get a pair of 20 feet MC4 adaptor kit to connect your panels to charge controller just in seconds.
- With Renogy 30A PWM Charge Controller, you can add up to three 100W solar panels to this system based on your available space.
- Added tray cable for connection between charge controller and battery.
- High Modules Conversion Efficiency, 100 watt monocrystalline solar panel charges 12v battery
- Guaranteed Positive Output Tolerance (0-3%)
- Delivered ready for connection & Fast and inexpensive mounting
- Withstand high wind (2400 Pa) and snow loads (5400 Pa) & Excellent performance in low light environments
- CHUBB general liability insurance; errors and omissions liability insurance