Reviewing Harbor Freight Part #63585
Do-it-Yourself Solar Panel Kit
If you are camping or looking for ways to use renewable energy, there are quite a few options out there actually.
One of the best deals that caught our eye this week is Harbor Freight’s 100 Watt Solar Panel Kit by Thunderbolt Magnum Solar.
The item normally retails at $189.99 according to their ad however today I got a flier in the mail saying it’s on sale for $146.42. It promises 2x more power than? Well i’m not sure what. Perhaps their previous model? The item number if you’re interested is 63585. Here is one review.
What’s our final take on Harbor Freight 100W Solar Panel Kit?
If you’re looking at getting started you really can’t beat this price. More experienced users might be able to piece together a cheaper setup, however for the beginner solar energy fanatic, this kit isn’t a bad idea.
This isn’t your only option of course, there are some DIY Solar Panel Kits out there that might be worth checking out.
- The charge controller has been upgraded to Renogy's new 30A PWM NegativeGround Charge Controller the Renogy Wanderer
- With the Renogy Wanderer 30A PWM Charge Controller, you can expand your system up to a maximum of 400W
- The kit now includes an 8ft 10AWG Tray Cable to connect your charge controller and battery
- Ideal output: 500Wh per day; can fully charge a 50Ah battery from 50% in 3 hours (depending on the availability of sunlight)
- Negative grounding controller with battery reversed, overloading, short-circuit and over charging /discharging protection ensures the broader off grid applications and safety. Especially can be used on a vehicle which has battery negative on the chassis
- Perfect for 12-volt battery charging or multiple panels can be wired in series for 24/48-volt battery charging or for grid-tied applications
- Diodes are pre-installed in junction box and a pair of 31-inch cables with MC4 connectors comes with the panel automatically
- Withstand high wind (2400Pa) and snow loads (5400Pa); resistant aluminum frame which allows the panels to last for decades. Compatible with on-grid and off-grid inverters ; Maximum System Voltage: 600V DC (UL)
- Open-Circuit voltage (Voc): 22.5 Volt, optimum operating current (Imp): 5.29 Amps, short-circuit current :(Isc): 5.75 Amps. High modules conversion efficiency. Ideal output: 500 watt hours per day (depends on sunlight availability);Ground mount compatible
- 25-year transferable power output warranty; 5-year material and workmanship warranty